List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with KMid, KTMW and Shutdown signal
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1998-09-22 5:47:15

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with KMid and I don't know how to solve it.
It is the following:

Since a few weeks, KMid has a "ChannelView" which is another
top level window (QWindow with a NULL parent) for the user to
see the notes that are being played in each instrument.

When the user tries to logout, the new kmid window is seen by
kwm as an application who doesn't communicate with X11 so it can't
be restored by the sm (although, kmid itself IS restored ok)

A few days ago, I was looking for this problem, and I tried to create
this "ChannelView" as a KTMW inherited class, and it works ok, now
kwm doesn't complain, but there is another problem.

Now, when any user tries to logout, the shutdown signal of
KApplication (which was connected to a slot of the -real- main widget)
isn't processed, so if KMid was playing a song, the child process
(who is playing) keeps playing even after the user has logout !!

I suppose the problem is that there can't be two KTMW with the same
KApplication, but then, I need some help to fix the first problem !

Thanks and greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
antlarr@arrakis.es        larrosa@kde.org