List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Project: kuteftp, a KDE ftp client...
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-09-11 14:25:21

[...]
> Yes, I know, we have kfm and it does FTP quite well, but many people
> don´t like to use browsers for ftp. In general, FTP clients have some
> advantages over browsers here: they have more features and in most
> cases they´re easier to use (I think, the 2-panel approach is really
> intuitive
BTW, is it planned for kfm to keep the FTP connections opened during
two actions ?

Currently it logs in / logs out whenever you enter a
directory or download a file.
This generates lots of logs in the server and confuses some a little,
and is of course less efficient.

I still agree that there has to be something like kuteftp, but kfm
holding connections would be great too !