List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: To delete, or not to delete: that is the question
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-09-03 6:11:49

> > Every Qt widget (and derivates of them) deletes all its children.
>
> Yes. In fact, you will probably get segfaults on the destructors if you
> try to delete them yourself (except on some very specific cases, like the
> old KTopLevelWidget)
I don't think so.
You don't get any segfault (my apps *do* the delete), because, as Arnt
pointed out when I asked this on the list, Qt is smart enough to
delete them only if needed. (I guess they are un-registered from there
parent when deleted, so they don't get automatically deleted by the
parent)