List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: talk daemon : C or C++ ?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-09-01 6:41:06

[...]
I agree with what you say in general, but keep in mind this is a
daemon launched on receiving a talk request, so it has to be as fast
as possible.

> If you'd like, I'd be happy to sit down with a more recent copy of your code
> and have a run through it to see if there's anywhere that there might be some
> tweaks done on it that might help trim it down. C++ has it's own
> little quirks
> that C didn't have, and there's tons of nice ways to tweak it to work better
> in the long run.
I'd love that ! If you have CVS access or cvsup, the latest ktalkd is
in the CVS module kdenetwork. Otherwise, grab ktalkd-0.8.7 from the
ftp site (stable/latest/apps/network/).

Thanks.