List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KBuilder/KC++
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () pobox ! com>
Date:       1998-07-29 21:29:10

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 09:54:49AM -0500, Timothy Whitfield wrote:
> I know this is probably the least of the issues facing the complex problem
> of developing an environment that could very easily spur a new growth of
> interest in programming for KDE.  But to get my two cents in I would like
> to see whatever comes of all of this have an MDI interface as children of
> the main MDI window. Something about having my project strown all over the
> screen just urks me. =)  I took a look at keirc's implementation and it
> works very well.

Yeah.  I like the idea of having all components be dockable widgets.
Reference the tetrix example in the Qt 1.40 examples to see what I mean.

For example, say I have a project file list widget, a gui builder widget,
and an editor widget.  If they were all dockable widgets, you would
have the option of docking them into the main framework (the whole
thing being under one window, then) or letting them all have their own
windows.  Both schools of thought are served here.
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org