List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kkeyconf.h
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () informatik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-07-26 10:57:21

> Hi together,
>
> I was just compiling the latest CVS sources and got problems
> because of a missing (?) header kkeyconf.h.
> Anyone else noticing that or is it just me ?

hmmm.... what packaged used kkeyconf.h?

kkeyconf.h is obsolete now. Instead there is kaccel.h.

You may also want to check out kjots from kdeutils
(mainly KJotsMain.cpp, the very current CVS version)
for an example how to use this stuff.

However, the KStdAccel class still works, although it does
not depend on kkeyconf anymore.
KStdAccel will give you the standard accelerators as usual, but these
are configurable now with the new kcontrol module.

Anyway, using KAccel has an advantage: Your app can have configurable
keys as well and the shortcuts in the menus are internationalized.

Matthias