List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kirc problem
From:       Alex <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1998-07-10 23:12:16

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Christian Esken wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 Alex wrote:
> >On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Christian Esken wrote:
> >

> >> Anybody got this?
> >>
> >> chris@magicon:kirc > make
> >> Making all in kirc
> >> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chris/CVS/kdenonbeta/kirc/kirc'
> >> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `user.cpp', needed by `.deps/user.P'.  Stop.
> >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/CVS/kdenonbeta/kirc/kirc'
> >> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >>

> >> Seems user.cpp is missing (at least since a week).
> >
> >Yes.  You need to remove that file in .deps.  It's easier to just rm -rf
> >.deps/*.  This is one of the shortcommings of automake, I updated
> >MMakefile.am and properly did a cvs delete :^)
>
> Hah! You can't trick me, I surely already tried this:  :-O
[..]
> And yep, my CVS sources are fairly new (from 9.7.).

Perhaps try updating again, as the sources from the 6th, were extracted,
excess garbage (including user.*) removed and tarred up.  This has been up
on x.unicom.net for a while and I haven't heard any reports that it
wouldn't build.

I personally blew away my local copy of kirc cvs -z3 updated recently, and
have been able to rebuild kirc a few times.  Do a grep -F "user.h" *.cpp
*.h and tell me where anything turns up.  It _shouldn't_ (at least not in
the sources I have, which are identical to those in the cvs repository).
IIRC the error you're seeing is one where the old dependencies haven't
been wiped out. }:>

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |