List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CVS branch
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-07-10 19:20:29

Dear developers!

Independent from the release date I tagged today the KDE
source tree with "kde-1-0-branch".

This means, that what you all have on your hard disc is from
now on KDE 1.1 and you can go on hacking.

But if you want to fix something to be released as 1.0.x,
you need to say "-r kde-1-0-branch" to update and checkout
for getting the sources.

It's not necessary to do this for the whole module. You just
have to update the things you want to change, change them
and commit after that. Everything will end in 1.0.x line and
after that you can say "cvs update -A" to get the current
(1.1) source tree back. Somehow you can even merge the changes
you did then to the 1.1 tree too, but I'm unsure about the
documentation. Perhaps if someone else could read this part
and explain it to me? ;)

Ok, hope this makes at least some developers happy :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.