List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       "l.widdershoven" <pph128 () aix ! zam ! kfa-juelich ! de>
Date:       1998-07-08 11:56:37

At the moment I am not at my home computer, so I can't check it all:-( But I
will tonight. I mentioned it was the June 28 or 29 snapshot?

> > (kwizard.h and insertCatalogue() do not exist in beta4).
> That's true. Where it says, you need beta4? This needs to be changed.

Some file in the koffice2/ root. (README or INSTALL)

> > It would also be nice to remove absolute paths out of kspread, or say
koffice
> > is expected to be in /usr/local/kde.
> Hmm? I never ran it out of /usr/local/kde. And I can't find any
> references to
> /usr/local in the sources.

I think it were the files needing kde/include/idl/kom.h .
They were included as "/absolute_path/??.h". I think <idl/kom.h> would be
better:-)

> > And, to help out people like me who installed egcs just for koffice, maybe
say
> > that one can prevent missing type_info functions by compiling everything
> > (including  mico/corba) by using export CXX="/usr/local/bin/c++ -fno-rtti".
> Well, the no-rtti is your own choice.
>
> The CXX thing in general is a general issue, not just for koffice.

I fully agree. I did not mean to say it should be the default compile mode, but
maybe a small remark in the INSTALL or README file would be nice, for people
who have the qt and kde libraries compiled with gcc 2.7.2. (It cost me about
three days to find out what exactly I had to do:-( )

> Greetings, Stephan

Greetz,
Leon