List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-07-08 9:38:18

l.widdershoven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have compiled the koffice snapshot of end June, and I must say, it looks
> great. I have a few remarks, though.
>
> For the documentation it would be nice to change needs beta4 to needs kde 1.
> (kwizard.h and insertCatalogue() do not exist in beta4).
That's true. Where it says, you need beta4? This needs to be changed.

> It would also be nice to remove absolute paths out of kspread, or say koffice
> is expected to be in /usr/local/kde.
Hmm? I never ran it out of /usr/local/kde. And I can't find any
references to
/usr/local in the sources.

> And, to help out people like me who installed egcs just for koffice, maybe say
> that one can prevent missing type_info functions by compiling everything
> (including  mico/corba) by using export CXX="/usr/local/bin/c++ -fno-rtti".
Well, the no-rtti is your own choice.

The CXX thing in general is a general issue, not just for koffice.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.