List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compile script for apps?
From:       "Yannai A. Gonczarowski" <yannaigo () leyada ! jlm ! k12 ! il>
Date:       1998-07-08 7:51:20

> I have such thing and I've announced it last week on this mailing list.
> Currently it supports the packages of the kde distribution but I've just
> begun to make it work with any kind of programs.
Well, don't work too hard on making it work with all programs...
Antal Novak (afn@weevil.net) and I am in the middle of writing a
program named K Installation System. It creates a Perl script from a
compressed-tar archive of a source of a program. This script contains
the archive and when it is run, it displays an installation wizard
similar to install-shield (It will eventually do uninstalls too, and
yes we found a way to do that). We have announnced beginning
developing it in the end of June.

Regards,
Yannai.