List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: PGP 5.0 and KMail ??? (fwd)
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       1998-06-16 6:58:41

At 10:23 16.6.1998 +0300, Lars Knoll wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, you wrote:
>>has anyone implemented support for pgp 5.0 in kmail yet? If not, I will
do so.
>>As far as I am concerned it should be a matter of replacing the function
>>kgp::Krunpgp in kpgp.cpp. If that's already done in a current snapshot,
please
>>let me know.  If not, I'll post the fix on here soon.
>
>I've already implemented it, and send the patch to Stefan Taferner. It's
>not in the CVS, and I didn't get an answer from him up to now.
>I actually rewrote part of the pgp implementation, because I was still
>not quite happy with some parts of the old implementation. Especially
>checking for errors is missing. My new implementation now runs aswell
>with pgp2.6 as with 5.0 (and also if no pgp is installed...)
>If people are interested in it, I can send the patch to this list.

Sorry, I have been very busy lately.
The patch is still here and needs to get checked by me.

Due to the fact that we will have Kde-1.0 real soon now I do not want
to add new things that are not really essential.

So it will probably happen not before Kde-1.0 is out.

Sorry again for not answering.

Kind regards, Stefan