List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: library order
From:       Richard Moore <moorer () cs ! man ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-05-28 13:37:43

> Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:25:05 +0200
> From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>
> To: KDE Developer <kde-devel@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>
> Subject: library order
>
> Hi!
>
> I know, everyone of you loves shared libs. But could you do
> me a favour and make a nice red note in front of your desktop
> with the following link line on it? You would make kde port-
> abler to systems with static libs.
>
> -lkfile -lkfm -lkhtmlw -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt -lXext -lX11
>
> It's very important, that you write the library, that refers
> to symbols in other libraries in front of those. So in the
> above link line you can for example mix libkfile with libkhtmlw,
> since both do not refer to each other, but you need to place
> libkfm behind libkfile and libkdecore always behind all other
> kde libraries, etc.

I thought there was a macro in the configure stuff to sort this out?

Rich.

> Thanks, Stephan
>
> --
> Am billigsten ist Zahnersatz in Schweden, denn da kostet
> die Krone nur rund 'ne Mark.

| Richard Moore                         | Email: richard@cs.man.ac.uk   |
| IT301, Computer Science dept.,        |           rich@kde.org        |
| University of Manchester, Oxford Rd., | Phone: (0161) 438 0038 (home) |
| Manchester, M13 9PL                   |        (0161) 275 6270 (work) |
| UK                                    |        (0161) 275 6280 (fax)  |