List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange string.h error
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       1998-05-14 6:28:17

Uwe Thiem wrote:

> [...]

On a Solaris machine at the university I encountered a problem with the same
symptoms. The following things happened:

   * I included <string.h> into a C++ program,
   * there was a subfile of the STL-header <string>, called <string.h>, in
     the C++ include path,
   * the compiler included this one into the sources which was obviously not
     the C header, and finally
   * it complained about every standard C string function.

Unfortunately, both headers define a "__STRING_H" as inclusion marker...
Maybe this is the same problem here.
Greetings,
--Mirko.

--
http://www.hamburg.netsurf.de/~mirko.sucker/
Die besten sind diejenigen, die alles selbst bedenken; gut sind auch die,