List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kab API - state report
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       1998-05-08 13:05:47

Dear Preston (and dear KDE-developers),
today I finished the basic parts of the kab library. You may now retrieve, add,
modify and remove entries. What is still missing are the two methods that try to
find entries similar to a given pattern. Sorry, I am investigating, but
currently I have no clue how to implement it in a rational way. But tomorrow I
know more...
You can find the snapshot of the current work at my homepage (on the kab page).
I will upload it this evening, so you better try later than 9pm (ehm, are we in
germany two hours later or earlier than you?)
I implemented some rudimentary file locking, but it lacks a signal hanlder by
now. So if you kill a kab instance with CTRL+C, for example, the lockfile
	$HOME/.kde/share/apps/kab/addressbook.database.lock
possibly still exists, and kab will start up read only the next time.
Greetings,
--Mirko.
PS: Possibly you still have to add an include path as I do not install the
header files in the KDE include directory by now.
--
http://www.hamburg.netsurf.de/~mirko.sucker/
Die besten sind diejenigen, die alles selbst bedenken; gut sind auch die,