List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: qtscape
From:       Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! hh ! eunet ! de>
Date:       1998-04-08 15:21:55

Patrick D. Dowler wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Apr 1998, Martin Konold wrote:
> >Did anyone give it already a try?
> >ftp://ftp.troll.no/qt/qtscape/README
> >ftp://ftp.troll.no/qt/qtscape/ns-patch.gz
> >ftp://ftp.troll.no/qt/qtscape/qtfe.tar.bz2
> >ftp://ftp.troll.no/qt/qtscape/qtscape.bz2
>
> For anyone who is having trouble getting qtscape from European sites, I just
> placed the binary on my web site. There is a link to ti from:
>
> http://morgul.fsh.uvic.ca/linux/
>
> Hope that helps out the curious :-)
>
> Are there any plans to continue the work on this? Fix bugs? etc?
> Turn it into Kscape?

We will most definitely fix bugs and have some plans on adding the
remaining features. QtScape is not yet the full Mozilla (even though
not that far away). The HTML editor is missing (and we have various
opinions whether it would be useful to port it), as is the Mail and
News part (for which the source has not yet been released). If
Netscape will release the source for the mail and news backend also, I
will most probably start working on it (the code for frontend is
already available).

Kalle

--
Kalle Dalheimer                 Contract programming for Unix
kalle@dalheimer.hh.eunet.de     Technical writing