List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdelnk files
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () informatik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-03-06 19:57:58

Dear Co-developers,

 I have a small request :-) Please add a

           -caption "%c"

 to the Exec=... line of the kdelnk files of your applications.

 For example kmenuedit:

     Exec=kmenuedit -caption "%c" %i %m %f

 This has the big advantage that the caption of the application window
 will show the same text as the kdelnkfile-name or the menu entry in
 the panel. The quotes are necessary, since some users may have blanks
 included in the name.

 The above example will let kmenuedit appear as
       Menueditor
 for german users and as
       Edytor menu
 for our polish users. English speaking users will get
       Menu Editor

 and so on.

 Hey, this feature is in KDE since before Beta1 but nobody uses it :-(
 I corrected the kdelnk-files of kdebase, the other packages will hopefully
 be fixed soon, too.

Thanks and happy coding,

     Matthias
     <ettrich@kde.org>