Jacek Konieczny wrote: > > Hi! > > I just wanted to fix kpanel to display time using locale. But it didn't worked. > So, I looked into klocale.cpp and I found out, that locale is always set to > "C", and LANG variable is only used for message translations. > > Why it is done this way. If there is no one who may give a reason with sense, > I will fix it to set locale using 'setlocale(LC_ALL,"")'. > > Not only messages are controled by locale, so it should be used. > Also there should be possibility to set messages using LC_MESSAGES, and having > other variables set to "C", > > This way it is done now KDE is not consistent with other locale-using > applications. > I have no idea, how the "C" can came in. But I think, a better way than "" would be to use the lang variable, that klocale finds out, since libc has no idea about ~/.kderc ;) Greets, Stephan -- Mit einer Frau zum Karneval zu gehen, ist wie mit einem Kasten Bier in eine Kneipe zu kommen. Das macht man einfach nicht! * 4 nach 10