List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Can help fix kdm/Rh5.0 bug
From:       Eric Plante <plante () IRO ! UMontreal ! CA>
Date:       1998-02-27 18:56:01

Hi. I had the same bug as the one described on the buglist, which is the
X server dying after a login from kdm under RH5.0, with the message
"Unexpected exit PID(xxx)" (actually from what I remember it was something
like "Unexpected return code 2816 from proces xxx).

We're beginning spring break here, and although I do have some catching up
to do on my research and stuff, I'd be really happy to try and fix this
jointly with the current maintainer of kdm. Or, if he's too busy these
days, I can try doing it myself, but of course that will take a little bit
longer (I'm not very familiar with how xdm works...). In any case could he

+-- Eric Plante ----- www.iro.umontreal.ca/~plante ------+
|     Laboratoire d'infographie, Université de Montréal  |
|                      Tél.: +1(514)343-6111 poste 3513  |
 \_finger_plante@greenberg.iro.umontreal.ca_for_PGP_key_/