List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSlider bug
From:       Christian Esken <chris () wallace ! ping ! de>
Date:       1998-02-15 21:24:12

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 Bjarni Norddahl wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Christian Esken wrote:
>
>> Tell me more about the KSlider bug. Perhaps I am responsible for it.
>
>Well, I first noticed it, when I made a KSlider. Then I checked about the
>other applications also had this bug and they did.
>
>Here's a simple program that illustrates it:

I now see the problem. You are right, every program shows this behaviour.
It seems the underlying QSlider widget has other ideas on the mapping
between mouse position and slider value than the derived KSlider widget.
So they get "out of sync" during dragging.

I don't see an easy solution without reimplementing every member function.
If anyone wants to try, feel free. Just make a note on kde-devel to avoid
duplicate work. I am giving up on this topic.

>I didn't compile this, so correct any small bugs. Then try to move the

worked flawlessy without change. :-)

>slider to left and right. Notice that the slider do not move with the same
>speed as your mouse cursor. I don't know about this happens on all
>systems, but it happens on my RH 4.2 with qt-1.32-1

I have SuSE 5.0 and it happens there, too.

Bye,
  Chris

--
Christian Esken                        (chris@wallace.free.de)