List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSimpleConfig Problems
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-02-04 0:52:55

Hi!

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Christian Czezatke wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > This time it's my turn to make myself look like an idiot on this
> > mailinglist... ;-)
> >
> > I'm having troubles with "KSimpleConfig" and nationalized KDE Config
> > entries. -- Here is a short test program:
[snip]
> Well, there are some nice dependencies between KLocale, Kapplication and
> Kconfig. In fact, you need to have a file called tsimple.mo in
> $KDEDIR/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/ to let the above program print
> out Fehler Fehler.
>
> This all is to prevent german dialogs in english applications.

Thanks for your help. -- The following steps have solved that problem:

1) Create a "KApplication" object before doing any KSimpleConfig stuff
2) Create the $KDEDIR/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/<appname>.mo file
   (where <appname> is the name of your binary)

Doing 1 _and_ 2 gives me a working KSimpleConfig test-app that reads my
"Entry[de]=" lines in .kdelnk files as expected.

     Thanks for your help!

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |