List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: krootwm bug?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-01-30 0:26:25

Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if you select an icon on your desktop so that it is blue highlighted, then go to
> a second icon, click and drag it to a different location, you would expect to
> unhighlight the first icon and move the second.
> What happens is, that it looks like you would move the second icon (the mouse
> cursor changes) but in fact you move the first icon!
>
> By trying to reproduce this (also with multiple icons selected) this even
> crashed KDE so I had to restart X!
>
> Actually this is the third time, I write this email, cause I tested further
> while writing the mail...
> Sorry, but I think this should be fixed before beta3.

Thanks Carsten. Not only, that you found another nice bug, but you
also ruined indirectly my file system ;(

I must confirm this bug. It's not only funny looking, but also very
dangerous. And I guess, it has some connections to the dead lock
problems, I have under Solaris. The X-Server just locks and nothing
is allowed anymore (unfortunatly including switching to the console).

Greets, Stephan

--
Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it
                                      anonymous KDE developer