List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: diffs?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-01-29 22:35:00

Sven Radej wrote:

> On 29-Jan-98 Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Sven Radej wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> What about diffs? Yesterday and today I recieved none.
> >
> > diffs, everyone notices, that something must be wrong ;)
> >
> > Sorry guys. I already did something wrong. I forgot to change
> > my script for the new bz2 suffix. In fact, it was just the
> > test in the beginning, if the file to be patched exist ;(
> >
> > I hope, tomorrow will bring you all a brand new and stable KDE.
>
> Why am I the only one who asks about diffs?
No, you aren't. You're just the only one (besides Uwe I guess)
on kde-devel without CVS access :)

> Looking forward to bzip2ed diffs.
Well, this is something else. Currently only the tar balls are bziped.
I thought, that as long as my nearly daily linux diff is gziped, I
shouldn't switch for KDE diffs, since I've heard, that gzip is still
better for smaller files.

If you can make some tests and find out, that you can save more than
let's say 20%, let me know.

Greets, Stephan

--
Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it
                                      anonymous KDE developer