List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: automake not working anymore ?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-01-24 15:14:26

David Faure wrote:

>  It seems that it's not possible to 'automake' with today's (24/01)
> snapshots :
>
> #...>automake
> configure.in: 120: required file "./$ac_output.in" not found B
>
> This comes from the subdirs searching, stored in $ac_output.
> But, how do one uses subdirs' Makefile.am, now ?

Try:
for i in `find . -name Makefile.am`; do
  automake `echo $i | sed -e "s#.am$##"`
done

The current way is not very intuitive, but very flexible and
easy to maintain ;)

In the CVS modules, there is a Makefile.cvs, that creates a configure.in
on the fly. This is removed in the distribution, since I thought,
that it doesn't belong in the distribution.

Should I add it?

Greets, Stephan

--
Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it
                                      anonymous KDE developer