List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS through modem
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-01-18 13:43:51

Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I know it is not CVS mailing list, but my problem is connected with KDE CVS
> tree, so maybe you can help me.
> Does any of you use CVS on dialup connection. Is there any way to make it
> nicer.
I do it since months. I used a 14.4k modem til christmas.

> Now when I want to update sources CVS sends all files (modified or not) to
> server, then patches or downloads files whitch were modified on server.
The client sends just the version number of the files you have. The
server
replies with diffs against this versions.

> This way I cannot afford contributing to KDE project, but I really want to.
You can use -z9 for making it a little bit faster.

> Is there any way to take current sources from snapshots and only commiting
> changes using CVS?
No. CVS needs the information, to which file this is a change.  If you
can
not afford CVS, you can always go back and mail me patches against the
snap-
shots.

Greets, Stephan

--
Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it
                                      anonymous KDE developer