List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: how to use [kcm]syssound?
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-01-13 1:18:58

Hi!

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> In fact this is what we wanted to do for quite a long time now.Well, I
> promised to build this in but did not find the time due to other
> projects.
>
> Since it is definitly time to have something like this, I will do this
> tomorrow.
>
> The communication will go over X-Atoms (since ktooltalk is not working yet).
> This way it is very very easy to raise KDE system sounds also from other
> applications, for example Motif, Athena or even GTK.

Ok, so I'll add the possibility to register new sound events, so that they
can be configured by "kcmsyssound" and adapt "kwmsound" to Matthias' new
interface. -- But I can't really promise to do it tomorrow...  (I seem to
have picked up a flu this weekend. :-(()

But I'll try to do it ASAP... ;-)

     Christian

PS: Matthias, I'd like to suggest to add a few more methodes to KWM (or
    build an extra class for all that):

    KWM::registerSoundEvent(const char*);
    KWM::unregisterSoundEvent(const char*);
    (maybe some stuff to get a list of registered sound events,
    see which WAV file is currently associated with a certain sound
    event, etc...)

    BTW: You don't have to do that yourself, I'll try to take care
    of this as part of kcmsyssound/kwmsound development.

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |