List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kfm in 980110 snapshot
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-01-11 14:53:53

Hi!

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Stephan Kulow wrote:

[snip]
> > +) Setting the position of kpanel with kcmkpanel does not work (it works
> >    ok with kpanel's internal configuration dialog, BTW.
> >
> >    The problem is that kcmpanel's "panel.cpp" does not seem to contain
> >    code that sets the variables "location" and "taskbar" according to
> >    the status of the respective button groups. -- So I assume that this
> >    is a "known problem"... ;-)
> ???? In my kpanelrc there are only "Position" and "TaskbarPosition". No
> location and taskbar. But you're right, that it doesn't work right now.
> I will look at it.

Sorry if that wasn't quite clear. The problem is in
 kdebase/kcontrol/kpanel/panel.cpp

When you look at the code in this file you'll notice that the settings for
the "Position" and "TaskbarPosition" are represented by the variables
"location" and "taskbar".

So the terms "location" and "taskbar" refer to variable names in these
source file and not to entries in the kpanelrc.

The problem is that there is no code in "panel.cpp" that causes the values
of "location" and "taskbar" to be altered when you change a radio button
in the "loc_group" (QButtonGroup for panel Location) or in the
"task_group" (QButtonGroup for taskbar Location).

IMHO a solution would be to to add two slots to "KPanelConfig" and
connect the respective "clicked" signals of these QButtonGroups to these
signals. These slots should contain code to set the variables "location"
and "taskbar" to the respective values according to the radio button the
user has clicked on.

I could provide a patch for this, but I have to pass an exam tomorrow and
so I refuse to do any source code hacking today... ;-)

Sorry for the confusion

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |