List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kfm in 980110 snapshot
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-01-11 12:09:19

Hi!

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Russ Steffen wrote:

> > > In the lastest snapshot, Kfm has picked up an interesting
> > > little bug (it wasn't there on the last snapshot I tried before 980110,
> > > it believe that was 980108.) Basically, I have several kdelnk files on my desk
> > > top, 3 devices and 1 URL. All of them now have the "unknown" icon instead of
> > > the proper one. Now, if I go to the properties dialog, the proper icon is
> > > show there, and hitting "Ok" will make the right icon show on the desktop.
> > > If I go to another one and repeat the same step, it too will now have the
> > > right icon, but the previous one reverts back to the unknown icon.
> > >
> > Do your Desktop files contain a "# KDE Config File" line? Could you
> > please
> > check, if adding helps you?
>
> Yeah, adding that line helps a little. The kdelnk files are getting rewritten
> every time KFM starts up ( or does a refersh desktop ) *without* the comment
> line.

BTW: This also affects interoperability with kpanel. -- kpanel refuses to
accept drops of .kdelnk files on it that do not start with the line
"# KDE Config File". Furthermore this release shows the following problems
on my system:

+) Setting the position of kpanel with kcmkpanel does not work (it works
   ok with kpanel's internal configuration dialog, BTW.

   The problem is that kcmpanel's "panel.cpp" does not seem to contain
   code that sets the variables "location" and "taskbar" according to
   the status of the respective button groups. -- So I assume that this
   is a "known problem"... ;-)

+) When I click on the "trash" entry in kpanel's   I get the following kfm error message:

   The requested action
   GET trash:/
   is not implemented yet

   Seems as if the communication protocol that is used here has been
   extended recently.

Just wanted to let you know...

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |