List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kwm bug?
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-12-17 16:44:50

Hi Reggie!

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> Hi!
> Today I have installed a SuSE Linux for a friend. As GUI I installed KDE
> (of course ;-)). But there was a strange thing with the kwm. First I
> used "transparent" for the moving of the windows. But when I moved a
> window, the window always lost something (gray rectangles) on the way,
> that means the redraw/refrash had a problem. Then I chose "opaque" as
> window-moving configuration, and the redraw/refresh was ok. Now I don´t
> know, if it is a kwm bug, or a bug of the XFree SVGA-diver for the
> grapthic card "Cirrus Logic GD5464".

Which version of kwm were you running? --- I´ve installed the Dec. 12th
KDE snapshot on my system an I´ve found the following entry in Matthias´
changelog for kwm:

       - on fast X-Servers the resize animation sometimes left a tiny
         rectangle: fixed

Doesn´t this sound rather similar to your problem description? ;-)

So if you´ve tried to install KDE Beta2 on your friend´s machine you could
try using a more recent kwm and see if the problem is already fixed.

Hope this helps!

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |