List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: DragWidgetList
From:       Christoph Neerfeld <Christoph.Neerfeld () bonn ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       1997-11-27 10:02:42

On 26-Nov-97 Peter Putzer wrote:

>Hi everybody!
>
>There's a high-level widget (hasn't got a real name at the moment.. for
>compatibility it's called KSVWidgetList) that consists mainly of a
>viewport & scrollbar, with "movingPart" that contains the real draglist
>and can be scrolled (smoothly ;)
>
>DragList is a widget that has a QList of KSVDragData objects. Using the
>toString() and fromString(QString) methods of these objects allows me to
>encode their information into a draggable textstring.
>
>DragList also handles keyboard focus & movement, although this is not
>complete yet.

Just to understand you right:
You want to create a widget which is greater than the current viewport and
contains other widgets. It would be great if you can put any widget on this
viewport. E.g. I could use this for kmenuedit, but turning the menus into a
specialized DragList would be to complecated.

Regards,

Chris.