List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Beta 1
From:       Christoph Neerfeld <Christoph.Neerfeld () bonn ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       1997-10-21 23:13:09

On 20-Oct-97 Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>Hi!
>Because today I have seen lots of bug reports about beta 1 I want to say
>that I'm really positivly surprised from the recent KDE. Since
>yesterday's (sunday morning) CVS version my KDE works really fine. I
>have not noticed any real bugs. It was even possible to change the color
>sheme with kcc, and I had no crashes, even I programmed and worked the
>whole sunday and a lot of hours today on my computer!
>So finally I can say, that KDE Beta 1 is a real stable und very useable
>desktop environment

sadly I have to disagree.
After some minor problems compiling the sources I have a lot of trouble
with kfm. Kfm crashes every now and then or hangs indefently. Kfm asks me
after a while with which program I want to open a directory (very strange),
disabling of html view does sometimes not work. Kfm refuses to load some icons.
After a while kpanel does not start any programs. I have to shut down the whole
X11 and restart it. Sometimes the xserver chrashes completly, well maybe kwm crashed.
And the setup is a complete fresh installation (fresh linux and kde installation)
from the tgz beta1 archiv.
:-((((((
Sorry, that I have to disappoint you.

Regards,