List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 971018 snapshot
From:       "Russ Steffen" <rsteffen () ia ! net>
Date:       1997-10-18 11:11:41

On 18-Oct-97, Stephan Kulow <coolo@itm.mu-luebeck.de> wrote:
> Russ Steffen wrote:
> >
> > The kdelibs part of the latest snapshot has a couple of problems.
> >
> > - the autoconf test for getdomainname() fails on Linux ( or at
> > least on my machine ). So, the HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME define is undefined,
> > even though Linux definitly has a getdomainname().
> do the following:
> rm config.cache && configure && mail coolo@kde.org < config.log

This is really wierd, after rebooting my machines and untarring a fresh
copy of kdelibs everything worked correctly. *shrug*. HAVE_GETDOMAINNAME
was defined, a lot of warnings that I had the night before were gone, and
the getcwd thing didn't cause a compile error like it did last night (now
there is't even a warning). I guess I'm going to call it user error or some
local problem that was fixed by rebooting, and forget it. Sorry to waste
the bandwidth.:)

> > - The file libintl.cpp incorrectly prototypes getcwd as :
> >
> > char *getcwd()
> >
> > instead of the proper:
> >
> > char *getcwd( char *, size_t )
> fixed, but where was the problem?
> >
> > Better yet, just include unistd.h and be done with it. (that will also
> > fix some of the other warnings.)
> unistd.h is included.

Russ