List:       kde-devel
Subject:    971016 Snapshot
From:       "Russ Steffen" <rsteffen () ia ! net>
Date:       1997-10-15 21:06:12

I just built the 971016 snapshot, and things look pretty good,
but I have run into some small snags that have been in several
of the last snapshots:

in kdegames, kpat seems to be missing some icons that the makefile
tries to install.

and in kdemultimedia, kmedia just seg-faults when started. I run
it under gdb and the result was:

servo:~ >gdb kmedia
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i586-unknown-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /tmp/opt/kde/bin/kmedia
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
0x4002fc91 in KLocale::KLocale ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4002fc91 in KLocale::KLocale ()
#1  0x804ff02 in QCollection::newItem ()
#2  0x8055720 in __default_new_handler ()
(gdb)

Looks like it's dying in the constructor to the
global KLocal object, as this seems to be happening even
before main() runs.

--
Russ