List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: No icons on desktop
From:       Christoph Neerfeld <Christoph.Neerfeld () bonn ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       1997-09-11 11:52:16

On 10-Sep-97 weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:
>The
>> problem is, that kfm was used to look in /lib/pics for almost
>> everything.
>> But since the icons are not any longer in only one directory, kfm's icon
>> search routine need a redesign (or use KIconLoader ;).
>
>Pardon? You got something wrong here Stephan. /share/icons existis
>ONLY to make KFMs icon search routine the same it is right now,
>just with another directory.

I'd suggest you use KIconLoader even for kfm. Here is why: If a user creates his
own kdelnk-files with his own icons which he can't put into share/icons kfm will
not find these icons and displays nothing (Well in the last version I saw, it
displays nothing). KPanel and kmenuedit do use or will use KIconLoader, so you can
create kdelnk files with icons which kfm can't find.
BTW for KIconLoader exists a nice KIconLoaderDialog which lets you select icons by
image. I think it is much easier to select an icon that way than to use a QComboBox.

And last but not least: If we have to change the icondirectories for any reason, we
have to do it only once. ;-)

Bye
Chris.