List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-ONE, Arnsberg, Germany
From:       uwe () uwix ! alt ! na (Uwe Thiem)
Date:       1997-08-26 10:23:55

Martin Konold was heard to say:

> Dear Subscribers of kde-devel@kde.org
>
> Thank you all for the GREAT work during the last ten months. KDE's growth
> was really impressive.
>
> The KDE-One meeting will take place in Arnsberg, Germany at the end of the
> week.
>
> We do hope that there will be follow up meetings after KDE-One in other
> places of the world.
>
> In case you will be able to make suggestions please tell us.
>
> Due to the rapid development and the great number of developers we expect
> KDE-Two to be somewhat bigger and coming soon ;-)

Wow! My best wishes for KDE-One and the press conference.

May I suggest as the venue for KDE-Two Okaukuejo in the Etosha National
Park of Namibia? A conference focused on improving the interface between
computers and human beings in the middle of roaring lions might have
its own charme.      ...only halfway kidding.    ;-)

This might just be a coincidence. Anyway, I love the idea of holding the
press conference on 1st of September. On the 1st of September 1939
the then Deutsches Reich started World War Two by attacking Poland.
Therefore this day is worldwide known as Anti War Day.

The first official announcement of an international project started
by young Germans and from shortly thereafter on developed by
by young (and not so young) software engineers of all continents
(well, except Antartica ;-) ) to be hold in Germany on the
1st of September 1997 is a great idea and fits perfectly. This kind of
world domination (which many KDE developers are dreaming of)
for a freely available desktop environment fits in that day.
Especially because freeware like Linux and KDE is for many
people in developing countries all they can afford.

I love it.

Good luck over there!

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                          Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                      Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:     uwe@uwix.alt.na
Namibia