List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Anyone with CVS access
From:       Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! hh ! eunet ! de>
Date:       1997-07-31 10:04:49

Bernd Johannes Wuebben wrote:

> On 30-Jul-97 Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >I've asked Robert not to ask me for things, that the authors can do. He
> >asked
> >me, if I can patch kdisplay and kedit. And I said, he should mail this
> >directly
> >to Bernd or Martin.
>
> This is a very good policy. While I very much appreciate Stephan's work in the
> cvs. I really prefer to have a bit of control over my applications. If Stephan
> changes things on the cvs sources, I always need to find out what exactly he
> did and then I need to sync those changes with the sources on my HD. This is
> not always a pleasant thing to do and at the very least twice the
> necessary red tape. Changes to the application's code or docs or whatever
> should be made only by the author, unless, the authors is either not
> available, ( e.g ktetris ) or explicitely gave permission to a person to make
> changes.

OK. What about thsoe source code changes I made due to an interface
change. They are only syntactical, and if I make them, chances are
that the at least the library and the apps in the CVS are in
sync. Would you like me to make these purely syntactical changes are
in the future, or should I rather announce them two days before and
have the authors make them?

Kalle