List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: newtoolbar-0.3 floats
From:       Sven Radej <a9509961 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-07-15 13:00:36

On 15-Jul-97 Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Sven Radej wrote:
>
>> Such thing should be done with kfm, too. Apps that get ABORT (and
>> core dump, probably) are those who delete application instance on
>> their exit (karm); kdehelp has some signal catching on its exit, and
>
>Hi Sven
>
>Do you know why this happens? Is deleting the application object a
>silly
>thing to do? I am careful to delete all widgets before the application
>deletes the qApp.
>
>Perhaps the toolbar leaves some chilren non-deleted and deleting the
>QApplication is not a smart thing to do till all QPaintDevice-derived
>objects are deleted?

Beats me... I really don't know. Ktoolbar destructor deletes floater
(that embeds  toolbar back) if it exists,  and then deletes all items in
toolbar, and popdown menu.

I think that one should delete QApplication (or KApplication). It seems
 that recreate () function with which I reparent widget has problems.

--
Sven