List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelnk
From:       Christian Esken <chris () magicon ! prima ! ruhr ! de>
Date:       1997-06-26 23:48:58

A remark before: PLEASE READ THE PS, TORBEN!

> Hi,
>
> after installing the latest kdeapps I realized that most
> apps have *.kdelnk files ( good ), but most of them are broken.
>
> Usual problems are:
>
> 1)
> kedit
> (Hmmmm, KEdit can use URLs, so one should at least write "kedit %u").
>
> 2)
> Many happs did not register for any protocol. That means KFM wont
> use the binding.
>
> I think none of the apps uses the "%c" (Caption) option.
Does it work? Well, if yes I will try. Usually, if I give a %c to an
application it will not work at all. :-(

3) Missing DocPath entry, so helpindex will not work for this application.
   Please add it, look at the template below.
DocPath=ksoundsystem/kmedia.html

> This tells me that some help pages on this topic are really
> needed.
Eehm, yes, for example:
What is the right way to go for specifying "Protocols" and "Extensions"?
kfm documentation states, it should be placed in the section [Binding].
If you do it, it wont work. :-(
You really must put "Protocols" and "Extensions" in [KDE Desktop Entry]. Is
this correct, a bug or a feature?!?

> Has anyone a list of common mime-types. Would be pretty useful
> for KFM II.
>
> Bye
> Torben

PS: Torben, I had to drop my mime-type-recognition project due to time
    limitations. I wanted to post it to kfm-devel, but it bounced back, so I
    will forward it to kde-devel.

Bye,
  Chris

--
Christian Esken                                 (chris@magicon.prima.ruhr.de)

Computer Science Student at the University of Dortmund, Germany

Lehrstuhl fuer grafische Systeme       (esken@ls7.informatik.uni-dortmund.de)