List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelnk
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1997-06-26 15:25:42

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> At 10:25 26.06.97 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >This tells me that some help pages on this topic are really
> >needed.
>
> There is also a thing that is not obvious: the fact that the
> filetype/apptype/...
> fields require a trailing ";" to work. It took me long until I found out
> the first time I tried to create some .kdelnk files. Maybe that should
> be fixed ?

I fixed some of the stuff in KFM-0.7.9. Did you get problems with
this version?

> I volunteer on collecting the kdelnk files that are not kde-specific, like
> those for xv, xanim, etc.

Good idea. But use the mime-type bindings of KFM II.
Stephan wrote a script that scans for existing apps and creates
all neccessary kdelnk files. But his script does not cover many
apps. Perhaps one should extend it.

> I could then provide them on a regular basis.
>
> But only if that lightens your burden, Torben. If it complicates things

It does :-) ( ligthen my burden of course )

> I will not do it.
>
> Greetings, Stefan

Bye
Torben