QCA has served us well for quite some time, but it's time to sunset it. The architecture is quite complex, its plugin based functionality means that you can never be sure if a given feature your app needs will be available or not and the features we use from it are small compared to the huge amount of features QCA actually has meaning the maintainance effort is bigger than it needs to be. I've started https://invent.kde.org/libraries/qca/-/issues/18 to collect the uses of QCA and plan for replacing it with appropriate crypto code/library directly. Best Regards, Albert