List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Gear projects with failing CI (master) (9 April 2024)
From:       Ingo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-04-10 11:04:47

On Mittwoch, 10. April 2024 09:21:34 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 9:51 AM Ingo Klöcker <kloecker@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 9. April 2024 23:26:32 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > ktrip - NEW
> > >
> > >  * https://invent.kde.org/utilities/ktrip/-/pipelines/657661
> > >
> > >   * craft_android builds fail
> >
> > *sigh* Why does kirigami master depend on the not yet released ECM 6.1.0?
>
> Likely as Kirigami itself is a Framework - that being said, it seems a bit
> weird for the version bumps to be pushed to Frameworks before the release
> has been made public (because Craft cannot use them until they're public...)

I learned that this is the usual procedure for Frameworks. But it highlights
why it's a bad idea for applications to depend on the master versions of
Frameworks.

> The real question I have though is why does KTrip depend on Frameworks
> master instead of released Frameworks?
> Depending on Frameworks master is something applications should avoid
> unless it is absolutely necessary.

Exactly. ktrip needs a fix that's not in KF 6.0. Instead of adding a patch to
Craft I told Craft to use Kirigami master. I shouldn't have done this. Lesson
learned.

Regards,
Ingo