List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [call to action] submit your ideas for OSPP 2024
From:       Burgess Chang <bsc () brsvh ! org>
Date:       2024-04-08 21:39:14

Hi,

KDE has registered for the Open Source Promotion Plan (OSPP) program
this year, which is a regional (China) program provides support for open
source communities, yet another GSoC. We'd like to invite the community
to submit ideas for OSPP 2024. Deadline to do is *Friday, April 26, 2024*.

https://community.kde.org/OSPP/2024/Ideas

All community members are welcome to submit ideas. If you have an idea,
make sure that your project maintainer is aware of your intentions. If
not, do not add the project there.

This year, we are encouraging members to submit ideas for projects
that would improve Chinese localization or support for the RISC-V
platform. Here are some possible ideas:

- Software that lacks Chinese localization support.
- Add Chinese features and translations to KDE applications, such as
  lunar calendar support, Chinese characters/word sorting, input method,
  Chinese spell-checking, and so on.
- Improve the availability and performance of KDE software on the RISC-V
  platform.

And your ideas are not limited only to coding tasks and you can include
projects related to documentation, translation.

For more information see https://community.kde.org/OSPP. We recommend
you to read this page before submitting an idea, as there are some
differences between OSPP and SoK/GSoC.

Let's move forward in this program.

Regrads,
Burgess Chang