List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kile release status
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2024-03-04 16:28:20

Following the release of Qt 6 based libraries and apps users of Kile are
reporting that it no longer runs for them.  There does not seem to have
been a stable release of Kile in many years and even the unstable beta is 2
years old but the app does seem to get development and have Qt 6 code ready
to go (although when I tried to compile it against Frameworks 6.0 it had
various include errors).

What are the chances of getting a Kile release in the near future?

Jonathan