List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [GSoC] org applications open from 22 January - 6 February (deadline at 18:00 UTC)
From:       "Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss" <joseph () kde ! org>
Date:       2024-01-23 12:30:16

== GSoC 2024 ==

It is time to start discussing among your teams what ideas will be great
to have for GSoC this year and who is willing to mentor.

The organization application period began yesterday and the deadline is
on 6 Feb 2024 at 18:00 UTC. We need a wiki page filled with ideas by
then! More info can be found at:

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2024/01/google-summer-of-code-2024-mentor-organization-applications-now-open.html

Johnny has updated the skeleton wiki ideas page for the 2024 season:

   https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2024/Ideas

== Any Co-Admins? ==

Are there people willing to help co-admin this year?

I (Joseph) will not be able to co-admin as a new KDE Eco project begins
in April.

Having a team is not only very helpful but it also feels great to see
all the work that comes out of your assistance in administering the
projects!

Cheers,
Joseph & Johnny

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss@floss.social