List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT6 KDE Invent Repo has private/non-existent submodule
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-10-10 10:59:10

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 8:31 PM <fekhesk@pm.me> wrote:

> At https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qt5 the `qtgrpc` submodule links to a
> 404 page, at least on the `dev` and `6.5.3` branches. Unsure if this is
> correct, but it is causing errors when doing a recursive `git pull` of
> the repository.

Thanks for raising this. For reasons not quite known to me, it appears that
when this project was provisioned it was done so as a private project.
This is certainly not normal practice for us, and has now been corrected.

This wasn't picked up earlier as the system that updates the mirror is
privileged and had the ability to see the private repository (and likewise,
whenever I need to do maintenance work within the Qt namespace on
invent.kde.org, I switch into Admin mode which bypasses all permission
checks including the public/private status of a project).

I've reviewed the list of private projects we currently have and can
confirm no other incorrectly flagged projects exist.

Cheers,
Ben