--0000000000006614020605d9dca0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 9:10=E2=80=AFAM Alexander Semke wrote: > On Mittwoch, 20. September 2023 13:04:00 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote: > > > > =3D FAILING UNIT TESTS =3D > > > > > > konsole: (2nd week) > > > > > > * https://invent.kde.org/utilities/konsole/-/pipelines/484169 > > > > > > * freebsd_qt515 tests are failing > > > > Sysadmin has been asked to take a look into this one, as by all account= s > > there is no reason for this to suddenly start failing out of the blue > with > > no changes in Konsole itself. > > I'm suspecting regressions within either our FreeBSD setup, or somewher= e > in > > Frameworks (KParts specifically) at the moment. > I'm fixing the tests for Cantor now which started to fail after I pushed = a > change to master that is not related to the failing tests now. The tests > are > not stable against different timings and the async. communication with th= e > external process needs to be handled better. So, I assume something was > changed for the freeBSD setup that affects the performance and the timing= s > during the test executions. Maybe newer or older hardware in use? > Likely it relates to the load on the underlying CI worker node at the time the job is being run. There is no guarantee you're the only job running at the time as Linux or Windows could be running jobs (or they both could be) and if they're both running that will definitely impair FreeBSD performance. For most unit tests they're not load/performance sensitive so this isn't an issue. All of the mainline Linux/FreeBSD/Windows/Android jobs provided by Sysadmin run on AMD Ryzen 7 7700 machines, with NVMe storage and plenty of RAM (the host machines have either 64GB or 128GB depending on the physical node, although the FreeBSD nodes only have 16GB allocated to them) so there is certainly no hardware limitations or age issues here. > > Regards, > Alexander > Cheers, Ben --0000000000006614020605d9dca0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 9:10=E2=80=AFAM A= lexander Semke <alexander.semk= e@web.de> wrote:
On Mittwoch, 20. September 2023 13:04:00= CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:

> > =3D FAILING UNIT TESTS =3D
> >
> > konsole: (2nd week)
> >
> >=C2=A0 * https://invent.kde.org/= utilities/konsole/-/pipelines/484169
> >
> >=C2=A0 =C2=A0* freebsd_qt515 tests are failing
>
> Sysadmin has been asked to take a look into this one, as by all accoun= ts
> there is no reason for this to suddenly start failing out of the blue = with
> no changes in Konsole itself.
> I'm suspecting regressions within either our FreeBSD setup, or som= ewhere in
> Frameworks (KParts specifically) at the moment.
I'm fixing the tests for Cantor now which started to fail after I pushe= d a
change to master that is not related to the failing tests now. The tests ar= e
not stable against different timings and the async. communication with the<= br> external process needs to be handled better. So, I assume something was
changed for the freeBSD setup that affects the performance and the timings<= br> during the test executions. Maybe newer or older hardware in use?

Likely it relates to the load on the underlying = CI worker node at the time the job is being run. There is no guarantee you&= #39;re the only job running at the time as Linux or Windows could be runnin= g jobs (or they both could be) and if they're both running that will de= finitely impair FreeBSD performance. For most unit tests they're not lo= ad/performance sensitive so this isn't an issue.

All of the mainline Linux/FreeBSD/Windows/Android jobs provided by Sysad= min run on=C2=A0AMD Ryzen 7 7700 machines, with NVMe storage and plenty of = RAM (the host machines have either 64GB or 128GB depending on the physical = node, although the FreeBSD nodes only have 16GB allocated to them) so there= is certainly no hardware limitations or age issues here.
=C2=A0<= /div>

Regards,
Alexander

Cheers,