List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Gear projects with failing CI (master) (12 September 2023)
From:       Alexander Semke <alexander.semke () web ! de>
Date:       2023-09-20 21:10:04

On Mittwoch, 20. September 2023 13:04:00 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:

> > = FAILING UNIT TESTS =
> >
> > konsole: (2nd week)
> >
> >  * https://invent.kde.org/utilities/konsole/-/pipelines/484169
> >
> >   * freebsd_qt515 tests are failing
>
> Sysadmin has been asked to take a look into this one, as by all accounts
> there is no reason for this to suddenly start failing out of the blue with
> no changes in Konsole itself.
> I'm suspecting regressions within either our FreeBSD setup, or somewhere in
> Frameworks (KParts specifically) at the moment.
I'm fixing the tests for Cantor now which started to fail after I pushed a
change to master that is not related to the failing tests now. The tests are
not stable against different timings and the async. communication with the
external process needs to be handled better. So, I assume something was
changed for the freeBSD setup that affects the performance and the timings
during the test executions. Maybe newer or older hardware in use?

Regards,
Alexander