List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to get dependencies into freebsd ci?
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2023-09-16 20:08:46

On Samstag, 16. September 2023 22:00:37 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 3:16 AM Milian Wolff <mail@milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hey all,
>
> Hi Milian,
>
> > While looking at the kate CI setup, I saw that it gets build on freebsd. I
> > would like to get that coverage too for heaptrack, but when I try to add
> >
> > https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-utilities/raw/master/gitlab-templates/
> > freebsd.yml
> >
> > Then heaptrack fails to find the elfutils dependency. This works on linux,
> > but
> > I have zero clue how that is done.
> >
> > Can I add dependencies covered by `craft` to `.kde-ci.yml`?
>
> Dependencies are managed in different ways depending on the platform in
> question.
>
> For Linux, Android and Windows builds, this starts with a Docker image that
> can be found at https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-images
> You can have dependencies added to those by filing a merge request against
> that repository.
>
> As you'll see, in the case of Linux we source just about everything from
> the distro package manager (in our case, it's SUSE Tumbleweed).
> For Android and Windows, the majority of the dependencies come from Craft.
>
> FreeBSD is the exception to all of this, as those builders are fixed
> permanent machines rather than ephemeral containers that are only around
> for a single build.
> For these, please file a Sysadmin ticket.
>
> > Where can I find documentation on what to put in there? Furthermore, is
> > there
> > some best practices when it comes to CI configuration for KDE projects? By
> > chance I found https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/CI/
> > Static_Code_Analysis which is interesting - is there more like it
> > somewhere?
>
> I'm afraid we've not done a terribly good job at documenting things,
> however if you are using the templates available at
> https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-utilities/-/tree/master/gitlab-templates
> then i'd refer you to
> https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-utilities/-/blob/master/config-template.y
> ml?ref_type=heads for the options that the system supports. Note that these
> aren't used by the craft-* or flatpak templates as those are CD jobs rather
> than CI jobs.

Thanks. Where can I find out what these options actually do? `force-inject-
asan` sounds interesting.

Generally, is it possible to compile and run tests with asan enabled - ideally
configured through a CMakePreset?

> The Static Code Analysis job referred to there is based on legacy Jenkins
> infrastructure which has been shutdown and it therefore will no longer
> function, however the new system provides analysis jobs that work with
> cppcheck to provide similar functionality if enabled.

So the wiki page is obsolete and should be removed?

And cppcheck is nice, but it's a long shot from clang-tidy and clazy. I
understand that's the way it is for now and it's not possible to get
additional checks enabled for projects?

--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de