List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Do you use votes on Bugzilla tickets to help you make decisions?
From:       Nate Graham <nate () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-08-04 13:52:36

Hello folks!

I often find myself explaining to users that votes on Bugzilla tickets
are generally meaningless and not used by most developers to help
prioritize work. After I explain this, they generally express surprise,
as it's not obvious.

I find myself wondering whether it would make sense to disable the
voting feature by default to avoid giving our users this false impression.

So if you *do* take user votes into consideration when determining what
tickets to prioritize, I'd like to hear from you!

Nate