------6R0WLWVMQLU89I11V1RLZPT59FJFPW Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I don't think that wishlist items should be treated in the same way as actu= al bugs=2E Even if the original reporter is no longer interested in a wishl= ist report or is no longer contactable, the feature asked for may still be = valid=2E For KAlarm at least, please exclude wishlist reports from gardening proces= ses=2E On 19 January 2023 06:17:23 GMT, AnnoyingRains = wrote: > Also, note that we can provide exceptions when doing this, like we have > done with Krita, (excluded from both MR and bug report cleanup)=2E If yo= u > would like your project to be excluded, just let us know! >=20 > Thanks > - Kye Potter, KDE Gardening >=20 > On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 5:07 pm, Laurent Montel wrote: >=20 > > Hi, > > For pim* it=E2=80=99s ok for me=2E > > We have a very old bug, but pim* changed a lot=2E > > Or some apps are dead (blogilo etc=2E) > > A lot of bug report are duplicated or obsolete=2E > > > > Thanks for doing it=2E > > Regards > > > > Le jeudi 19 janvier 2023, 04:04:45 CET Justin a =C3=A9crit : > > > Hi Nicolas, > > > > > > This has been discussed with Nate Graham directly who has approved t= his > > > cleanup of Bugzilla including the messaging behind it=2E > > > > > > I am happy to discuss any concerns that people have around this=2E I > > > understand Krita requested we exclude them from any gardening and th= at > > > has been done, however this is the only feedback I have received=2E > > > > > > The gardening team aims to find out if the bug reports are still > > > relevant by involving the users who reported them in determining if = they > > > are still valid=2E This increases community involvement and helps KD= E as > > > there isn't anywhere near enough manpower to review the thousands up= on > > > thousands of bugs that haven't been touched in years=2E > > > > > > The bugs that we are interacting with are ones that have not had any > > > activity for over 2 years=2E We are simply trying to reinvigorate > > > discussion on those bugs to see if they are still valid=2E If the us= er > > > does not reply within the standard 30 day period after a bug is set = to > > > NEEDSINFO, it is automatically closed by the Bug Janitor=2E > > > > > > I am not simply closing bugs, so I do take offense that care is not > > applied=2E > > > > > > I will halt it until it is approved by more developers=2E However if= it is > > > decided that it isn't wanted then the KDE as a whole will need to en= tice > > > more people in sorting old bugs individually as it is clearly not a > > > priority right now for the majority=2E > > > > > > Regards, > > > > > > Justin > > > > > > On 19/1/23 11:05, Nicolas Fella wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > > > > > can we please put the effort of "gardening" old bugreports on hold > > until > > > > we figured out whether this is actually something we want to do? > > Several > > > > people already expressed concerns about this=2E > > > > > > > > Improperly applied such mass changes can do more harm than good=2E= We may > > > > close bugreports that are actually still useful just because nobod= y > > > > replied on then in a relatively short timeframe=2E > > > > > > > > Properly cleaning up old bugreports is important=2E However, it re= quires > > > > some level of care and expertise to judge whether a bugreport is s= till > > > > useful=2E Judging by the volume of bugreports that is pinged with = the > > same > > > > copy&paste message this care is not applied here=2E > > > > > > > > At minimum such initiatives should be announced and discussed befo= re > > > > doing them, to allow people to give their input on the proposal=2E= I am > > > > not aware of any such announcement/discussion=2E > > > > > > > > Cheers > > > > > > > > Nicolas > > > > > > -- > > Laurent Montel | laurent=2Emontel@kdab=2Ecom | KDE/Qt Senior Software > > Engineer > > KDAB (France) S=2EA=2ES=2E, a KDAB Group company > > Tel: France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, http://www=2Ekdab=2Efr > > KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts > > > > > > -- David Jarvie KAlarm author, KDE developer ------6R0WLWVMQLU89I11V1RLZPT59FJFPW Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I don't think that wishlist items should be treate= d in the same way as actual bugs=2E Even if the original reporter is no lon= ger interested in a wishlist report or is no longer contactable, the featur= e asked for may still be valid=2E

For KAlarm at least, please exclud= e wishlist reports from gardening processes=2E

Also, note that we can provide exceptions when doing thi= s, like we have done with Krita, (excluded from both MR and bug report clea= nup)=2E If you would like your project to be excluded, just let us know!

Thanks
- Kye Potter, KDE Gardening

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 5:07 pm, Laurent= Montel <montel@kde=2Eorg> wr= ote:

--